So today when my mom came home around 5 I was on the computer finishing my vocabulary which was the words I could not find in my dictionary. She was carrying the mail and put it on the table. I went to the kitchen to ask her about my vocabulary, which she knew the answer to. and then she was looking through the mail and 2 things had my name on them so she gave them to me. One was from my church which I guessed was about confirmation, which it was, and the other was from the school so I was a little confused. I opened it up to read this sentence "It is with great pleasure the we invite you to attend the Waverly Shell Rock High School's Academic Awards ceremony..." my mom then asked me what the letter said so I told her and she was so excited she told me that no one had ever gotten this letter and was really proud of me. I always thought everyone was part of the academic awards thing when I heard about it last year but I guess not since none of my brothers ever where apart of it. Today my mom made me feel the happiest I have in a while because she was really proud of me and actually cared, and lately it feels like no one really cares... just like I always feel. Then I told her I was really hungry and so she made macaroni & cheese and hot dogs, that also made me happy because I really like macaroni.
I just want to point out I never freak out about what grades I get. My parents do but I never let that pressure me and look I have achieved something great for just trying to do my best and also living a real life.
~*225 days*~
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
My mom is my biggest hero.
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment